Thursday, March 12, 2009

Further Into the Unknown and A Revelation

The stranger pushes me to the floor. “It’s them, stay down!” Their bullets pierce the walls and miss us by inches. “I’ll get you out of here,” he says, carefully looking for a way out. I hear them enter the building, “take my hand!” he urges, reaching for me. A window with a fire escape provides us our get away and we run until we reach a train yard. Cautiously he takes me to one of the freight cars; without warning he slips in through a trap door. I inspect it, touching and looking beneath it to see where he has gone, a second later he helps me inside. Upon my entrance suddenly I'm unconscious, overwhelmed I collapse to the floor. ..

Moments later I'm roused from my unexpected slumber, confused I scurry backward into a corner. With blurred vision my eyes search the room and now finds four strangers staring at me. I look at them one by one. "three men one woman, three men one woman" I repeat over and over in my head incase I make it out of here. The man that brought me here moves close to me, he begins to wipe my face with a cool damp cloth. The others wear perplexity on their faces.
“What's wrong with her?” The woman asks...


Oblivious to her the stranger continues to dab my forehead with his cloth, agitated she addresses him ..."Luke! What's wrong with her?" He stops and responds, looking at me tenderly..... “I don't know, just give her a minute, she’ll be fine.”

From what I’ve gathered, my protector’s name is Luke.