Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Curious Connection

I look at them and a vaguely familiar sense comes over me.
One of the three men moves toward me in a curious fashion, his head tilted, eyes squinted and he utters “I think she’s coming around,” .
The female,tall, thin and blonde replies “Why Grey, because she's looking at you?”

“Mmm...no, see that's where you're wrong, it's not because, it's how she's looking at me"

Something else I have to remember upon my escape a guy named Grey: speaks with an Irish accent, has blue eyes, light brown hair.

A dark-haired male moves closer now, he waves his hand in front of my face, and snaps his fingers at me as if testing my response time. I sit there quietly watching them watching me.
“Wow, you're out of it" he says with a truly mystified look on his face.
“What did you do to me?” I ask as I raise my hand to put and end to Luke's gentle head-dabbing. “What the hell’s wrong with her?” the woman asks, clearly frustrated with my behavior. “I don’t know TK, give her a minute!”

Three down one to go, TK, Grey, Luke three men one woman, Irish accent, I turn over in my head repeatedly.
"Can you stand?" Luke ask while helping me up from the floor. I feel an attachment to him, but I don’t know why. He seems to be fixated on me, and he begins to stroke my hair.
“It’s ok, you’ll be fine in a minute.”

I've observed that they are all carrying firearms, and I slowly backaway from him. "Um, Luke right? Look I'm sorry, I know you keep saying I'll be alright like something's wrong with me and I’m supposed to know who you guys are but you have the wrong person. Unfortunately you have me confused with someone else. Which is ok, I mean no one got hurt right ...no harm no foul, but I just really want to get home now."
"We don't have time for this Luke!" TK says angrily. At that he takes hold of me by the arms and looks into my eyes, flashes of images coupled with an array of emotions well up inside me, suddenly I find it hard to breathe. The others stand in the distance looking, wondering if this will be my moment of clarity...