Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Everything Changes

Inside the store I see him, that man, he's a couple of aisles over. He looks at me the moment I notice him, for a moment I’m paralyzed by fear. (Mental note) I’m being silly... besides I’ll kick his ass if he bothers me. I shop and then leave the store. I step outside, look around first (the usual precautions.) I can fight but I’m not stupid. I hate to admit it but there’s something about him. He’s mysteriously attractive to me: tall, dark hair, dark eyes and very handsome. I feel fear when I see him, but I also feel drawn to him. I walk....
It’s unusually quiet; not many people out tonight but I enjoy silence, and I’ll need it if I’m going to get some rest.

As I approach my street the stranger steps from the shadows and draws close to my left side. He takes me by the arm but before I can scream a feeling of faintness comes over me. I want to cry for help but I can’t, a massive case of vertigo overwhelms me and when I look into his eyes something within prevents me. He grasps my arm tightly, telling me “We have to go.” He walks me at a brisk pace looking behind us as we move through the streets. I lose my balance but he holds me, he cares, I have to ask....

Who are you?